Re: st-digest V1999 #269

Mark,

We have had the exact same problem on our '99 Sprint ST.
At first the dealer tried to blame it on a normal maintenance
problem, saying the battery connections were loose. When
it happened a week later, the dealer decided to do some
real investigation of the problem. Right now our ST is waiting
for a new alternator, which the dealer said was not putting
out the correct current. The dealer will also replace the old
battery. I also found the infamous ignition tie wrap, which I
have removed and re-routed the wires. Hopefully the new
alternator will be the end of this problem for us.

Mike