Re: electric vest and heated grips question

Paul Steinbacher wrote:

> Good enough for me. After all this cold weather I'm going to have to change
> the plug on my vest and get it going. Can't believe I went all these years
> without the heated handgrips, are they great or what.
>
> Paul & Dee

To all with cold fingers:
There is an alternative to Triumph's heated grips.  I purchased a pair
of Widder's electric gloves just for the versatility of being able to
use them on more than one bike.  They can be had with wiring that plugs
into the vest or directly into the bike with the BMW plug. I put them
to a good test last weekend in East Arizona's White Mountains after
waking up Sunday to an unexpected early winter storm.  Heading back to
the city, for the first 100 miles until I got to lower elevations I
rode in freezing temps and gusty winds but with the vest and gloves I
stayed comfortably warm other than my toes which had me wishing for
more of that wonderful engine heat ;).  At $90-$100.00 they are not
exactly cheap and are probably not as convenient as heated grips but I
was pleasantly surprised at how well they worked.

Gary
Tucson Arizona