Blue - this year's red?

Yesterday I visited the Triumph factory, as part of a party of Tigger
owners (both old and new). Saw a few things (like cylinder heads and
crankcases for the 600, and swinging arms for the RS), heard a few
things (like the new machine which will enable them to machine
crankcases for V-twins, parallel twins, and fives, if they want to),
and talked with the project engineer on the new Tigger (who took lots
of notes, along with the marketing person). Asked about the Scottoiler
adaptor, incidentally, but didn't get a positive reply...

Anyroadup, in the paint shop were lots of Sprint tanks. The assembly
line didn't have any Sprints being built while we were there (classics
and T5s on the line), but it was obvious that there was going to be a
major push in the very near future - about three-quarters of the
visible tanks were Sprint. And what colour were they? They were _all_
blue. So it looks as if Triumph are anticipating a lot of people
wanting blue bikes...

- --
Mike Fleming