Re: Blue - this year's red?

Previously, you (Mike Fleming) wrote:
> [... snip ...]
> ... but it was obvious that there was going to be a
> major push in the very near future - about three-quarters of the
> visible tanks were Sprint. And what colour were they? They were _all_
> blue. So it looks as if Triumph are anticipating a lot of people
> wanting blue bikes...

The Sprint has been getting such favorable press that I expect to see
sales WAY up.  The head-to-head shootouts in the mags against the VFR800
with the Sprint ST coming out as the clear winner, and the ST dethroning
the VFR as top Sport-Tourer (in various mags) sure don't hurt.  Good for
Triumph, but our bikes won't be quite as unique on the road anymore.
;-)

I've heard so many people comment on the Sapphire Blue (inc. me, my
wife, my good buddy Thomas who plans to get one, strangers in the
Triumph Showroom, etc.) that I won't be surprised if it is the #1 ST
color this year by a large margin.  IMO the red makes the bike look too
much like a VFR, and who wants to be mistaken for a Honda rider? The
black is nice but has all the problems of a black bike (conspicuity,
shows dust, etc.).

Just IMO, FWIW and WMOBSST (Want My Own Blue Sprint ST).

- --
William A. (Bill) Flowers
Clearwater FL