Autocom/J&M

O.K. We went last night to a dealer that handles both these products.
When you use the Autocom bike to bike, you either have to get a "family
radio" or a CB.  The thought of one of those attached to my handlebars
does NOT thrill me.  The salesman was saying that if we wanted a music
source (which we do since we will periodically be driving through West
Texas), the Autocom is the way to go.  If we want pure CB, J&M appears
to be the way to go.

Here's the catch:  the salesman said he would put a CB with an Autocom
and the Autocom people we called today said they would do the family
radio (Kenwood Family Talk XL).  We're confused! We know about the
reliability of both the J&M and Autocom for intercoms (as list members
have attested), but does ANYONE out there have any experience with
either product for bike to bike? What are you using, CB or Family Radio?
What are the pros and cons?

BTW, we ruled out the Collett after talking to couple who said they
could not talk to each other when parked side by side because they
evidently were too powerful and caused excessive noise.

Any info would be GREATLY appreciated!

Lisa White (& Richard)
Houston, Texas