Re: Tires and Talkers

Peter, In conversations I've had with Dunlop, not only do they not recomend
different brands on a bike, but they don't recomend mixing tire models (ie
D207 and D205) on a bike.  I believe this is due to the different profiles of
tires models more so than the different compounds.  I was speaking with
Metzler yesterday, and they support mixing mixing models in their line.  The
softer MeZ3 (which now replaces the MeZ1 in the Metzler line up) can be used
as a front with the MeZ4 (which replaces MeZ2) at the rear.  The MeZ3 is a
3-5000 mile tire while the MeZ4 is 5-7000 according to Metzler.  Form other
stuff I've read the Mitchelin Pilot Sport is the hot tire to have at the
moment, but its expensive form my inquires and is more intended for pure
sportbikes.  Dunlop D207s are great for 4000 miles and D205s have a good
reputation for lasting while giving decent grip.  And to conclude my tyrade
on ties, Bridgestones BT57s break legs.  :-)

R & L, First, with an Autocom the CB or family radio doesn't have to mount to
the handlebars; it can go in a tankbag or under the seat.  Family Radio is
clearer and has a longer range generally than CB, but it is not universal and
you won't be able to talk to others at a rally unless they can tune to the
same frequency as you.  CBs are universal and you can talk to anyone who has
one such as those at a rallye or truckers, but because of this the
frequencies can have static or other operators.  I'll show you my
documentation on the subject at my party tomorrow.

Rick Paukert
The Woodlands, TX