RE: Soon to be new owner

- ------_=_NextPart_001_01BF1EA4.88AD0B18

Welcome to the Club. I have to agree with your choice in colors.

1) I can't answer re: the light switch, but if you do go with the stock
switch, I highly recommend placing it on the black plastic of the dash. It
is not only less obtrusive, you also don't have to muck with the switch
wiring everytime you remove the left fairing.

2) I have the three pannier set, and usually use the top box only when my
wife joins me or I have something large to carry. The side bags I usually
remove only if I intend to wick it up a bit. They come off in about 5
seconds. Unlock the latch, lift off the bag, relatch and relock. Next side.
You will have to leave the exhaust in the lower position, however, when the
bags are off. In order to raise the pipe, you would have to remove the right
side mounting gear. This will be a major PITA. Well, actually less so if you
don't have the top box and rear rack to deal with, so call it a minor PITA
(the rear rack has some strengthening bracketry that is a pain to
re-install). So I just pull off the bags and leave the pipe in the lower
position. It doesn't look as racy as the upper position, but I can't see it
from the riding position :-)

But I love the convenience of having the bags on most of the time. It is
truly amazing how many chores and errands you can run with the bike when you
have some carrying capacity.