Re: What options and accessories to order

At 05:12 PM 10/25/1999 -0400, Bill Flowers wrote:
 >Well, it isn't quite a done-deal yet, but it appears that I am about to
 >sell my pickup and RV trailer.  Once this is done I think I'll quickly
 >be into the local dealer to buy my Sprint ST -- I just hope the blue one
 >is still there waiting for me.

Wahoo! and there was much rejoicing .....

 >I started wondering what accessories and options I should order.  I plan
 >to get the 3-box pannier set with the backrest for 2-up comfort.

Get the 3 box, but forget the backrest. If you really want one someone on
the list I'm sure will have one you can have as they really look like crap
once installed as the adhesive can't hold the (poorly fitting) backrest
tight on the topbox. Plus after trying it on and off, my wife preferred the
feel with it off.

 >Living in Florida I don't think I'll bother with the heated grips.

Can't agree with you here unless you live in the Keys or don't ride beyond
October (or don't ride at night). I've been in Florida for over 10 years
now, and this was the first bike that I added the heated grips to. I will
never own another bike without them.

 >The Triumph dust cover would be nice.  And the carbon fibre tank pad
 >sounds like a good thing to have.

I use the 3M film - no ugly pad covering the paint work.

 >Willemina (my wife) will get my current bike, so that means she'll get
 >the tank bag also.  Should I buy the Triumph tank bag or get another
 >Tour Master?

I got the Triumph bag. I also had one for the 509 and the old Sprint as I
found them to be very reliable, well designed bags. I added a few quick
release fittings to allow the pad to come on and off in just a couple of
minutes. I love the bag, but honestly only use it on long trips as the 3
panniers usually afford more storage than I can use.

 >Any thoughts on the alarm system?

didn't go with one on the ST

 >What about the tall screen for when
 >those hurricanes blow through?

Some don't like the look or change in wind flow. I enjoy the extra height
but it came off during the summer to increase airflow. Was really wishing I
had it on coming home at 1am from Daytona.......

 >What else?

- - Throttlemeister cruise control
- - Sigma Digital speedo

Eric