Re: What options and accessories to order

Previously, you (Jeff Jenkins) wrote:
> Just my personal thoughts....

That's what I was looking for.

> If you are getting the Triumph tankbag, which is fantastic and I'd rate it
> up there with the BMW Multivaro tankbags, you can get away without the
> carbonfibre tank protector.  I have both on mine but the tankbag harness
> does a good job itself in protecting the tank.

There are times I ride without my tankbag which is why I was thinking
about the tank protector.

> I have the two bag luggage set, didn't like the looks of all three which
> prevents the use of the seat cowel (unless modified.)

My bike must remain ready for 2-up at a moments notice, so the seat
cowel is out and the 3-bag set is very desireable.

> [... snip ...]
>
> The only things I am considering are a Throttlemeister cruisecontrol, maybe

I'll probably get something like this just before my first big trip,
whenver that is.  Thomas already knows the probable destination.  ;-)

> possibly GenMar handlebar risers,

Thought about them but decided to ride it stock for a while to see how I
really felt about it.

> I wouldn't mind some slightly shorter brake and
> clutch levers as they stick out just far enough to get bent in tipovers.

Easy solution to this.  Don't tip over.  ;-)

> Longer mirror stalks would be helpfull, I don't need to see my arms
> everytime I look in the mirrors.

I found the mirrors to be great -- a big improvement over my current
bike.

> Other than that it's about perfect as it came from the factory.

That's what I thought too.  :-)

> Perhaps a set of training wheels to prevent tipovers, I'll just say they are
> compact wheelie bars.

Whatever it takes.  How about the ones that fold down when you come to
stop?  Then they wouldn't interfere with taking twisties.  ;-)

- --
Bill Flowers
Clearwater FL
'86 CB450SC