Steering Damper

For the last few rides, I have had a few occasions to wonder if a steering
damper would be a good idea - allow me to explain with a couple of examples
:

Ride 1:

Sharpish left hander, approaching a car at about 60mph, 2nd gear, leaning
off a touch.  Got to the point of seeing past the car and all is clear :-)
Hit power, surge forwards and hit a cats eye in the middle of the road.  As
the front was v.light, the handlebars start to 'wobble/swing' - Brown
effluent springs to mind.  Interesting few seconds - back off throttle, look
embarrassed and slip past the car in a somewhat 'slower' fashion.

Ride 2:

Out of a corner onto a straight road, nothing in front of me - hit power
hard - 2nd gear and rising - hit some sort of road imperfection (nothing in
the road) - again front very light and the handle bars start to wobble/swing
from side to side - again interesting few seconds, slow down and then back
on the throttle and all is fine.

So, is it my riding style (Never thought of myself as a 'hard' rider), the
suspension set-up (still stock) or does the ST have a 'small' handling
problem that could be cause for a damper?

I don't feel as though my bike has a problem as I often ride fast-ish
without any problems but these sort of things can knock the old confidence a
bit

Comments?

Regards,

Mark.