RE: Steering Damper

At 03:17 PM 10/26/1999 +0100, Smithers, Mark wrote:
 >For the last few rides, I have had a few occasions to wonder if a steering
 >damper would be a good idea - allow me to explain with a couple of
examples

in both your examples you state what I would take to be high torque
situations in 2nd gear. My guess is that you are lifting the front wheel
(easy to do in first and second). Check your suspension, but keep more
weight forward and you should see the difference.

BTW - for a really awesome effect, load all three panniers add a passenger
and then wind it up on a slight incline....... my wife almost broke my
eardrums she was screaming so loud...... (but of course afterward, she
asked if we could do it again...)

- - Eric

Ok. now off to fit the climbing crampons and ropes for that steep climb up
to the handle bars so as to get more weight forwards :o

Mark.