Re: Steering Damper

Typically steering dampeners are for pure sportbikes with tighter fork angles with lots of power, thus experiencing more of this phenomenon.  I would consider a dampener a waste of money for my ST.  It does not occur often enough to me to consider a dampener.  It may seem like a scary thing to do, but the best thing to do is lighten your grip on the bars when this happens and let the bike do its thing.  Actually the shaking will lessen.  Another problem with fighting the shaking is that this shaking will be transmitted to the rest of the bike which can compromise traction.  Although, if it happens to you real often, it may be worthwhile.  You may try leaning forward a bit more (like Eric S. mentioned).

>>> "Smithers, Mark" <MSmithers@xxxxxxxxx> 10/26 9:17 AM >>>
For the last few rides, I have had a few occasions to wonder if a steering
damper would be a good idea - allow me to explain with a couple of examples.......

Comments?

Regards,

Mark.