Re: What options and accessories to order

Previously, you (Erik Miner) wrote:
> Heated grips are great!

Another vote in favor.  Hmmm ...

> The front fender extension is nice, helps keep the front of the belly
> pan clean and protected,and it's cheap too! Think I'll look into a
> rear hugger too.

I hadn't thought about these.  Anyone else have an opinion?

> Definitely get the pannier inner liners they allow one to pack much
> more efficiently and once there you can just carry your stuff in.

Good thought.

> Get a Radar Detector ( Valentine One)  !!!

What would I need one of those for? Nearly 20 years since I've had a
ticket.  :-)

> Throttlemeister is nice.

So I've heard.  I'd get one before my first long-distance highway trip.
But for the first while it would be commuting, running around town and
day trips to the twisties in the country.

>   I put the taller windscreen on it does not look as good as the low
> one but I much prefer the air going over my head for winter, keeps
> the chest warm. I'll switch back to the low one in the spring.

That's the sort of thing I was thinking of: tall screen for winter,
short one for summer, and whichever I found I preferred for the
occasional long trip.

>   I put the Gen Mar risers on, they look stock and help take some
> weight off these old hands :-))

I figure I'll ride it stock before I decide.  No sense wasting money on
risers if I find myself happy and comfortable with the bike as-is.

> I'll maybe do a seat, butt the stock one ain't too bad, butt I'm
> guessing I'll need more comfort for the loooong rides.

My current bike has its original seat with 13-year old foam.  My butt is
used to it.  The Sprint feels like heaven in comparison.  :-)

- --
Bill Flowers
Clearwater FL
Sprint dreaming when I should be working  :-)