RE: HP deprived (was Re: Heated grips dead again)

> > the ST is leaving me just a bit HP deprived and I find myself
> drooling on
> > Hyabusa's and CBR's. Guess I have to stay out of the showrooms!
>
> If you find the ST to be HP deprived, why don't you buy the turbo kit
> for it? Cheaper than a new bike and you'd have a rather unique bike --
> not many turbo Sprint STs around. :-)
>
> --
> Bill

I think the ST is a really nice balanced package, that I am definitely going
to hold on to. I think if you add 30 to 50% HP to the intended
design....probably asking for problems. I really think that it is better to
go with something designed to cope with 140 at the wheel from the factory,
as a general rule anyway. Now if Triumph would see fit to add the cylinder
to go with that fuel injection wiring I see on the ST....hmmm, my calculator
says 1270cc, probably 135 at the rear wheel, tire shredding torque!
Yeeehaaaa. I'm in line.

Paul & Dee