Re: False Neutrals, hard shifts

I have had the same 5 ½ gear neutral a couple of times.  Weird huh.  Now I shift with greater force between those gears to make sure!!

I have noticed that the tranny seems to shift smoother when matching the rpm to the bike speed / gear (yes, the clutch is in and the cable is adjusted properly at the lever) when making shifts.  Sometimes, lets say when going lazily from first to second after rapping out a high rpm first, I will pull in the clutch, get off of the gas completely, letting the engine rpm fall to almost idle, try to shift to second, and it is VERY stiff.  If I keep the rpm's up while shifting (with the clutch disengaged), it is smooth.  Maybe the clutch isn't totally disengaging.  I have the cable adjusted properly.  Is there a secondary adjustment inside the clutch cover (on the engine) that may need adjusting, because a dragging clutch will make shifting rough (directed to those fat walleted folks with the official $90 manual).  My las bike with a "wet clutch" did have this.  I almost have 6K miles on it now, so it should be shifting smooth!