X-Metal slip-on (TB)

Hey Folks,
    Recently installed the TBros X-Metal canister on "Sable" (low pos. due to
bags) and here's my eval.: Took longer to read instructions than to install,
looks very sexy on the bike (my daughters words), it did require some filing
of the lower pannier frame plastic for clearance, but that was simple.
As for performance, seems to have the same grunt down low (great sound), but
really pulls stronger on top (greater sound). Gained about 5 mph going 1st
thru 3rd at a place where I've evaluated her performance several times before
(about an 1/8th mile stretch by my work). After about 6,000 the acceleration
feels much stronger (than stock) and the tach moves very quickly from 7,000 to
rev limiter. Felt no dips or surges at all in the stock tune, but I'm
anticipating even better results once I have it re-mapped. Weight conscious?
Dropped 10 Lb. Safety conscious? 30 seconds after turning her off, I could
touch the can (carbon fiber part) with my hand. Another plus, it's not overly
loud, just an octave higher. Once I manage more miles, I'll check the fuel
consumption.
Well worth the $400+ I spent so far. Excellent product  =8^)
                                Ride safe and often,
                                                        Jim
'99 Sprint ST "Sable"

Tom Monroe wrote:

> As soon as we're able to, we'll be posting the dyno chart post-mapping.
>
> Tom Monroe

End of st-digest V1999 #280