Rallye notes

- ------=_NextPart_000_00BA_01BEF3EF.1434F1E0

Hi everyone,
Just thought I'd add a few observations on the Rallye in no particular =
order. First, thanks to Eric and Lisa for the great job. We had to do =
some planning on the fly after we arrived but that's what makes life =
interesting. The Tall Pines Motor Inn was a great place. My lovely black =
machine was grimy after being caught in the rain on the way up so I =
"borrowed" one of the bathroom towels to clean it up. I ruined it in the =
process. I called the front desk and asked that they charge me for it. =
The owner said not to worry about it. On top of that, every evening she =
left me an extra towel on the front porch so I could clean up my bike! =
(That's how I kept it so clean Robert). I was nominated as ride captain =
and it was a challenge! Trying to keep 13 bikes on the same route with =
different rider skills, speeds, and incomplete maps was interesting to =
say the least. I tried to set a medium pace and it worked out pretty =
good except for the multiple wrong turns. When there are 3 road crossing =
within a few miles all with the same number it gets confusing. It was =
all still great fun! My ST did great except for a small oil leak that =
developed on the right clutch cover. My dealer had replaced the crank =
sensor the previous week and it looked like the gasket got pinched when =
the cover was installed. I made a quick dash to the Fayetteville Triumph =
dealer. They were out of gaskets but the mechanic put some blue goo on =
it and it sealed great. Mike and the guys there are great! I had also =
lost my right bolt out of the centerstand which they replaced. They only =
charged me $35 labor and nothing for the bolt. My dealer at RPM here in =
Dallas is reimbursing me for the labor. Can't beat that! The D207's =
worked flawlessly and I had to crank up the rear preload 2 more full =
turns from stock to compensate for the heavy luggage. I thought for sure =
I would get to scrape a peg but alas did not. Richard, you are the man =
with your scraped fairing! A few times I would really crank up the speed =
in the corners and there was Richard or Steve right behind me. Hats off =
to everyone for riding within their limits. I am checking on prices for =
t-shirts for those that want them. Thanks again for to all my new =
friends for a great trip! Pictures to follow soon.
Dennis

- ------=_NextPart_000_00BA_01BEF3EF.1434F1E0

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000>Hi everyone,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000>Just thought I'd add a few observations on =
the Rallye=20
in no particular order. First, thanks to Eric and Lisa for the great =
job. We had=20
to do some planning on the fly after we arrived but that's what makes =
life=20
interesting. The Tall Pines Motor Inn was a great place. My lovely black =
machine=20
was grimy after being caught in the rain on the way up so I =
&quot;borrowed&quot;=20
one of the bathroom towels to clean it up. I ruined it in the process. I =
called=20
the front desk and asked that they charge me for it. The owner said not =
to worry=20
about it. On top of that, every evening she left me an extra towel on =
the front=20
porch so I could clean up my bike! (That's how I kept it so clean =
Robert). I was=20
nominated as ride captain and it was a challenge! Trying to keep 13 =
bikes on the=20
same route with different rider skills, speeds, and incomplete maps was=20
interesting to say the least. I tried to set a medium pace and it worked =
out=20
pretty good except for the multiple wrong turns. When there are 3 road =
crossing=20
within a few miles all with the same number it gets confusing. It was =
all still=20
great fun! My ST did great except for a small oil leak that developed on =
the=20
right clutch cover. My dealer had replaced the crank sensor the previous =
week=20
and it looked like the gasket got pinched when the cover was installed. =
I made a=20
quick dash to the Fayetteville Triumph dealer. They were out of gaskets =
but the=20
mechanic put some blue goo on it and it sealed great. Mike and the guys =
there=20
are great! I had also lost my right bolt out of the centerstand which =
they=20
replaced. They only charged me $35 labor and nothing for the bolt. My =
dealer at=20
RPM here in Dallas is reimbursing me for the labor. Can't beat that! The =
D207's=20
worked flawlessly and I had to crank up the rear preload 2 more full =
turns from=20
stock to compensate for the heavy luggage. I thought for sure I would =
get to=20
scrape a peg but alas did not. Richard, you are the man with your =
scraped=20
fairing! A few times I would really crank up the speed in the corners =
and there=20
was Richard or Steve right behind me. Hats off to everyone for riding =
within=20
their limits. I am checking on prices for t-shirts for those that want =
them.=20
Thanks again for to all my new friends for a great trip! Pictures to =
follow=20
soon.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000>Dennis</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_00BA_01BEF3EF.1434F1E0--