I better not die before Saturday

Last week I spoke to my dealer and asked him when they were going to get
the Y2K Sprint ST's in. He told me "We'll be getting one in next week."
He proceeded to tell me that it was a blue one (oooo, now I'm
interested) and that it was spoken for (darn). They wouldn't be getting
more until late Sept. (double darn).  He would call me when they got it
and had it assembled. Monday he called. Yesterday I went in to look at
it. I love the color. I had my 13 year old son with me. When I offer him
the choice of red, black or blue he opted for blue without any
hesitation. I don't care if red or black is faster. Mine is blue and
looks much better.

I asked the dealer if they were taking deposits. His answer: "Yes. We
are. You can have this one if you want." Never before in my life have I
tried so hard to stop from jumping up and down yelling "yippee." So I
replied: "Let's go talk dollars."

I pick it up on Saturday.

I better not die before that.

Steve Lawler