Re: Rallye report (a little long I think)....

- -----Original Message-----
From: Eric Sheley <eric@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, September 02, 1999 12:01 PM
Subject: Re: Rallye report (a little long I think)....

>At 07:33 AM 09/02/1999 -0700, Duner Tor wrote:
> >Very impressive. Was it an IBA certified ride? Or, do you not need no
> >stinking IBA certification?
>
>No it wasn't - although with the miles covered, I should have.
>
>I got certified initially on a SS1000 last year. I was going to run this as
>a BB1500, but in Louisiana decided that the Texas route was beyond my grasp
>(around 1600-1700 miles), so I headed up through Mississippi thinking my
>run would only be about 1200 miles. I could have very easily done the BB
>1500 Gold (1500 miles in under 24 hours) either on the way out or way back,
>but because of my own self doubt didn't think that I would make it. It is a
>lot of miles to cover in one day and I think it will be a few weeks before
>I try it again ;-) (have to let the memories of the fatigue subside a
>little...)
>
>Anyway - there is always next year (maybe I'll even ride up and try that
>Butt Lite 5000 with you).
>
>However - Mark Hanke and Mike both qualified for the SS1000 on the way out.
>Congratulations go out to both.
>
>- Eric

Thanks Eric,
I didn't realize how difficult a SS 1000 was until my return trip where I
did 667 miles in 11 hours, followed by 564 in 9 hours. Both days were
tough(butt and knees) and I wondered how we did 1000. It must have been
because it was the beginning of the trip and we were excited. BTW I heard
from Mike wednesday, they arrived home 8AM and had plans to see his Doctor.
Let you know more when I here.
Mark