Y2K ST.

I have been lurking around here since last May.  I threatened back then that I
would be picking up one of these beasts.

It is about to happen.  I almost got a black one.  Today on my way home from
jury duty, I saw something I shouldn't have --  A blue Y2K ST.  But then again,
I was at a Triumph dealer...  Is it my fault that I leave a few mere block from
a Triumph dealer -- down hill too.  So if the bike ever STB (sh*** the bed), I
won't have to push far.

Next week with any luck, I will gleefully post.

price quoted 12k out the door.

1. Is this a fair price

2. Any comments on SF Bay Area dealers --  I do most of my own work, but for
recalls, I might consider letting the monkeys work on it.

3.  I am considering getting it from out of this fine state.  Does anyone know
the difference between the 49 state models, and the CA model, other than the
vapor canister crap.  The vacuum line for the canister will work nicely on a
scott oiler...  I know Jay asked about this in July, but I was wondering if
anyone had any other info.

- -chuck  (who hopes his triumph lasts as long as the TDM -- 110 000 miles)