Re: new blue ST

- --=====================_13694509==_.ALT

At 01:51 PM 9/2/99 -0700, Tim Cronin wrote:
>I'm picking my new blue ST up on Thursday 9/9/99 - is
>this a bad day for Y2K stuff?

No, it's a bad day for Fortran.  9999 is a Fortran restart command (or something like that).  So not Y2K, but caused by the same "I'll be retired long before then" shortsightedness.

>What is this with a cable tie on the ignition or
>something? Sorry if I'm asking people to repeat
>themselves, but is this something I should ask my
>dealer to look at?

There is a cable tie under the ignition switch which holds the ignition harness carefully located in the exact position so as to ensure that the clutch cable can grind it into the bottom of the ignition switch assembly and cut through all the insulation shorting all the wires to each other and making the Sprint ST ownership experience even more exciting.

Cut this cable tie off.  Your dealer can then look at it if he wants to.  ;-)

Rich Weyand      |  _______   ___,---. ---+_______:_   |Rich Weyand
Weyand Associates| |_N_&_W_| |_N_&_W_| |__|________|_  |TracTronics
Comm Consultants |  ooo ooo ~ ooo ooo ~ oOOOO- OOOO=o\ |Model RR Electronics
weyand@xxxxxxx   |     http://www.mcs.net/~weyand/     |weyand@xxxxxxx
- --=====================_13694509==_.ALT

At 01:51 PM 9/2/99 -0700, Tim Cronin wrote:<br>
9/9/99 - is<br>
this a bad day for Y2K stuff? </blockquote><br>
No, it's a bad day for Fortran.&nbsp; 9999 is a Fortran restart command
(or something like that).&nbsp; So not Y2K, but caused by the same
&quot;I'll be retired long before then&quot; shortsightedness.<br>
or<br>
something? Sorry if I'm asking people to repeat<br>
themselves, but is this something I should ask my<br>
dealer to look at?</blockquote><br>
There is a cable tie under the ignition switch which holds the ignition
harness carefully located in the exact position so as to ensure that the
clutch cable can grind it into the bottom of the ignition switch assembly
and cut through all the insulation shorting all the wires to each other
and making the Sprint ST ownership experience even more exciting.&nbsp;
Cut this cable tie off.&nbsp; Your dealer can then look at it if he wants
to.&nbsp; ;-)<br>
_______&nbsp;&nbsp; ___,---. ---+_______:_&nbsp;&nbsp; |Rich
Weyand</div>
|TracTronics</div>