Dunlop vs. Michelin vs. Bridgestone

We had a good day out on the 207's and I am really impressed. Guess I should
have figured if Dennis was using them they were probably the hot ticket.
Here are Paul's impressions, your opinion could be very different.

Bridgestone BT 57-Very quick turn in and transitions; I felt like they
wanted to keep falling in, good overall tire, mileage would have been about
6,500 except I got a nail in the rear at 5,200 and replaced it with another
BT57.

Michelin MX90-Turn in and transitions more neutral than BT57, turned a bit
slower, I preferred the overall feel of these over the BT57 but I'm sure the
BT57 would be the pick if you really value the quick turn in, mileage was
6,800, I think this may have gone up substantially if I had not gone through
Virginia returning from the Rallye.

Dunlop D207-Turn in somewhere in between the BT57 and MX90, maybe closer to
the MX90 than the BT57, transition over the top 'seems' much slower than
either of the others, I am really puzzled by that feeling right now, I need
some more time on the tires to come to grips with it. The two really
noticeable things I did find were the D207 increased my confidence level
greatly and it holds a line way better than the others. I felt lucky to be
able to stay within a foot of my desired line with the MX90 and I can stay
within probably 3 inches with the D207. No guffaws please, I know, that may
sound pretty bad, but you get whatever physical attributes you have (hand
eye coordination, visual perception) at birth and use them best you can,
guess that is one of the things that separates guys like Eddie Lawson and
me. The point is, what they do for me is let me go quicker with less effort.
This is a good thing! Mileage? I haven't a clue, but am very concerned; I
won't slide these tires any more than I would have slid any of the others,
but I don't recall reading anywhere that they have a stellar mileage rep. I
am going to stay off the gas as much as possible and hope they last the
year; Funny, every time I get down close to check break in progress
(feathered to the max) they whisper, abuse us, use the whip.....I say, your
not going to Virginia and that's final.

I like these tires enough that I will not experiment any more, other than
maybe go to a D205 if mileage is too bad. Funny thing is the only other set
of Dunlop radials I have had were the 204's that came on the Superhawk and I
really did not like the feel of those. Next improvement, going to talk to
Bruce up at Penske and see if he can come up with a shock, can't wait.

Paul & Dee Steinbacher
1999 Sprint ST
1997 Buell M2