Tach/Air

I was noticing last night riding home from work that the left side of my
tach is slightly brighter than the right. I don't know if I have a bulb
out, or maybe the light just comes in from further left than right. Has
anyone else noticed this?

Don't ever casually check your air pressure unless you are fully
prepared to add some(alot). I was doing my regular weekly pressure
checks and the valve core on the rear tire decides NOT TO POP BACK UP.
All I could do was watch in amazement and panic as my tire went
completely flat. I'd pump a little air then dig around with a little
knife trying to bring it back to seal off the escaping air. The little
spring in the valve core had broken.  $2.50 for some cores and a tool,
and a little inconvenience and I was back on the road.
This could have been a complete disaster had it happened anywhere but in
my garage.
Oh yeah, 42 lbs is A LOT of air, especiallly with an old worn out
bicycle pump on a hunnerd degree day!
Charles