Re: Packing Oil

At 11:44 AM 09/05/1999 -0500, Richard & Lisa White wrote:
 >We are about to head out Friday on a trip from Houston to Park City,
 >Utah.  We plan on taking two weeks to get up, stay and enjoy their Bike
 >Week, and to get back.

Ah the rough life.... just a little envious am I......

 >  Question:  We normally carry extra oil on long
 >car trips.  This is our first really long bike trip, and the Mobil oil
 >for the ST only comes in those huge containers.  How do you guys who
 >have more experience with this carry extra oil or do you carry any extra
 >oil?  All reponses appreciated.

I always carry oil for trips over 1000 miles. I carry the Triumph 4T in a
smaller 1/2 quart or quart container depending on distance. If you need
more than that you probably should have it at a dealer anyway....

I got with my dealer and got a couple of quarts of the 4T from him. They
usually have extra left over from oil changes which they keep to top off
bikes etc. I just got some from their spare bottle versus buying the 4Liter
full container.

- - Eric