Re: Just joined

Paul, I plan to keep the BMW for now if for no other reason than it's
the first year for the R100S - not that it has the cachet of an R90S.

Is Hermy's where you got your bike?  I live in Northern NJ about
15 miles due West of the Empire State Building and there are a few
dealers around here.

Anyone have any feedback on the New Jersey dealers?  The closest to
me seem to be:

Harley-Davidson & Triumph of Edison
Highland Park

Jack Trebour Motorcycles
Kenvil

Cycle Connection
Lodi

Paul Steinbacher wrote:

> On Saturday, September 04, 1999 3:13 AM Walter Oliver wrote:
> Subject: Just joined
>
> > I currently own a 1977 BMW R100S.
>
> Are you going to get rid of the R100S? I gave mine up long ago and have
> always regretted it.
>
> > I and am considering the purchase of a more modern sport
> > tourer.  My list of possibilities contains the usual suspects:
> >
> > BMW R1100S
> > Ducati SP2/SP4
> > Honda Intercepter
> > Triumph Sprint ST
> >
> > and some slightly dark horses:
> >
> > Honda VTR1000F
> > Suzuki Bandit 1200
> > Suzuki TL1000S
> > Moto Guzzi V11 Sport
> >
> I had a VTR1000F and a B12, the VTR ranks down around my Buell somewhere,
> no, I guess it never broke in half while I was riding it, twice. The VTR was
> very uncomfortable and the suspension front and rear was very poorly sorted,
> regardless of what any magazine might say, terrible gas mileage, small gas
> tank, awsome motor. The B12 was a great bike, wonderful engine, good price,
> perfect seating position for rider, not quite as good for passenger; It does
> not handle anywhere in the same neighborhood as an Sprint ST though, and gas
> mileage does not compare, seems like the harder you run the ST the better
> the mileage gets. I did 133 miles in Deals Gap, not changing out of second
> gear and I put in 2.7 gallons of gas, that really is unbelivable!
>
> >I just wish you could see
> > more of the engine on modern sport-oriented bikes!
> >
> I agree totally! Maybe you might want to wait for the RS. It may not have
> the pannier option though. I had hopes that I might fit a front fairing off
> of one but I think that thought is fading fast.
>
> If you haven't been over to Hermy's in Port Clinton Pa yet you might give
> him a try. BMW/Triumph dealership that is interesting to say the least.
>
> Paul & Dee

End of st-digest V1999 #208