Re: Just joined

>Dennis,
>
>I have pretty much talked myself into the Triumph at this point, and
>I was very excited when I saw the picture of the RS, but I've read that
>the Sprint RS is more "race" oriented.  I also noticed that the
>windscreen on the RS was quite low (but probably no lower than
>on my Beemer).  Not yet having ridden either, I'm not sure I'd want
>to trade the sport-touring virtues of the ST to get the half fairing and
>probably a harsher ride.
>
>Twenty years ago this would have been a no-brainer!
>
>Walter
>Glen Ridge, NJ

Hi walter,
I think the RS will have basically the same handling as the ST but without
luggage. It is supposed to be fully adjustable front and rear. You can dial
it in for a more plush ride on the highway and crank up the preload and
rebound for the twisties. I'm sure someone will come out with a little
taller windscreen after it's been out a while. Either choice is a winner!