Re: Triumph Sprint ST Rallye Eureka Springs, AR 1999

At 01:28 PM 09/06/1999 -0400, Mike Miller wrote:
 >                    Had a great time at your rallye even though I was the
 >only original ST their.(but the only one to crash).  All you people on

Took me a second to realize that this was Mike - I couldn't figure what
Mark meant by the only original ST... Glad to see that Mike can still play
with Mark.... (Mike's wife had threatened otherwise...)

 >Triumphs are great.  Instead of the Honda saying" you meet the nicest people
 >on a honda" it should be "YOU MEET THE NICEST PEOPLE ON A TRIUMPH."

Good thing it was ST's and not a group of 509ers - their new ads (Cycle
World July 99) have the tag line "You never met the nicest people on a
Triumph..."

 >                     My wife and son drove up to Eureka to trailer me and
 >the bike home. I didn't get into as much trouble as I thought I would,
 >especially since it was my 28th wedding aniversary that weekend.  They were
 >real troopers about the whole thing.  We drove straight thru to Florida and
 >got home Wednesday about 7:30 in the morning.

I'm sure it will cost you in the long run though. Just be sure to be extra
nice to her, so that you can come on the next one.

 >Once again thanks
 >everybody and I'm honored to have met such a fine group of people.
 >                     Hope to ride with you'all again and will see you at the
 >next rallye.

Mike, you're welcome to ride with us anytime. Sorry that you (and your
family) went through so much, but at least it was nothing serious (ie life
threatening).

Hopefully I will be able to get with you and Mark sometime before the next
Rallye.....

- - Eric