Re: Day Tripper

Look out for cracks in your crankcase, sump, etc.!

I had a small leak on mine which kept reappearing and blamed all
sorts of things like the oil cooler line bolts, the oil filter,
and of course the bolt recall until I found out that the cause
was a very small crack on the bottom oil pan. Got it replaced and
never had any oil leakage problem since.

Ciao,
Carlo
All Black ST

=>========================
=> The mechanic who installed the risers could find no evidence of a leak
=>around the valve cover, but saw some around the right side case and
=>retorqued the bolts. No change. There really is no sign that I'm losing
any
=>oil from the sight glass, but the streaks keep reappearing, and the
smell
=>of hot oil is always present. And then there's the occasional small
cloud
=>of smoke. All in all, not a good mobile advertising gimmick.
=>  Looks like it's back to the shop. Triumph ,that is. Can't wait.
=>
=>Duner Tor
=>Warminster PA (And proud of it!)
=>
*
=> The ST Mailing list is sponsored by the Unofficial ST Website
=>   http://www.TriumphNet.com/st for ST and Mailing List info