Re: Hope I live until Friday!

At 03:44 PM 09/07/1999 -0400, sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
 >Just got a call from my dealer (Cycle Sport in Herdon, VA, USA). My blue ST
 >is supposed to arrive tomorrow and be ready for pickup on Friday! "Giddy"

Congrats

 >I'm going to try and get some pictures of the bike as it gets uncrated and
 >assembled; if I can't make it out to the dealership my salesman's offered to
 >take them for me.

I know this sickness well......

 >Eric, what was your method for breaking-in your engines? I can't remember
 >how far above the max recommended RPM you gently revved the engine. (TIA!)

Man, get a new bike and you want to start a list war again. OK, I am
getting out my flame proof shorts .......

My OPINION (from what I have read in technical columns and from those with
a lot more experience in this area than me) is that it is ok to exceed the
recommended rpm levels by 1 to 2k rpms on the Triumph motors. I am NOT
advocating that you take the bike and ride it as you would once it is
broken in. I am NOT advocating running it to redline with 5 miles on the
odometer.

Of course the people at the factory get paid lots of money to determine
those limits.....

The important things are

- - Don't lug the motor
- - Don't abuse the motor
- - Don't run at a constant speed in the same gear (Vary your speeds as much
as possible - don't take the highway home from the shop).

 >maybe I can get Friday  off...

Good luck

- - Eric