Re: NC Parkway

At 05:08 PM 09/07/1999 -0400, Troy Blood wrote:
 >I went riding yesterday with a friend of mine up on the Parkway and got
 >a ticket for unsafe operation. We were behind a van when going past an

Where about on the parkway were you ?

The Yesterday you refer to was Monday ? (Labor Day ?)

 >ticket for unsafe operation.  Needless to say I am going to court to
 >fight it.  This is purely harassment for us motorcycle riders.  We did

call AMA and see if they have anything to say about it.

 >them about us.   If we have the rally in the NC area I guess we will
 >have to avoid the Parkway. That's okay though there are much better
 >roads in the area than the parkway.

I had heard they had increased the patrols in the Deals Gap section - got
tired of cleaning up the squished squids - but Paul didn't seem to have any
problems. It may have just been Labor Day weekend nonsense where if you
sneeze while driving you are apt to get a ticket.

Let us know how it progresses.

- - Eric