Re: NC Parkway

At 06:02 PM 09/08/1999 -0700, Paul Steinbacher wrote:
 >We saw one patrol car coming to clean up after a squished squid (Gold Wing

did they forget to turn ?

 >trike, honest). We were told at the store that they are using creative
 >policing though. Slow, slow, slow pickumup, you pass on double yellow, they
 >radio ahead and you are greeted by the local law. Enforcement and traffic
 >are pretty slow early in the week is what we were told.

Slime balls.

I heard the same thing - ride during the week and not on the weekend if
your are going to ride the major roadways. That area is so rich in good
riding roads that we could plan a lot that would never touch the main drags
frequented by the patrols and sport riders.

If you want to read a frightening tale that happened back in early 98, go to

http://www.dealsgap.com/dgincident/index.html

Like anything on the net, it may or may not be true, but it sure makes for
some good reading

- - Eric