Re: st-digest V1999 #213

Before everybody goes out quoting the Motorrad article in which the
Sprint ST beat the competition, one must consider the original review of
the Sprint ST which also appeared in the bike. The reviewers severely
criticized

1. The heavy clutch
2. The nearly unusable centerstand (nothing to grab to get the bike up
on it)
3. The luggage (from another bike, didn't align with the bike and was
not level with the passenger seat, and all the steps and parts needed to
raise/lower the pipe).

I for one, seriously considered a Sprint ST. However, based on the
number of (outright) design, manufacturing and quality problems, I doubt
that I will.

Reading this group's messages makes me think that Sprint ST owners are
an incredibly - actually, overly -  tolerant group (centerstand recall,
fuel gauge problem, crankcase bolts, etc., etc.).

I have the feeling that that a Sprint ST is a 'beta test' motorcycle.

(Please no flames, I won't read them.)

David