Re: Centerstand Dynamics 101

"irony1" <irony1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:

> Incredibly easy !  I think not.  I 'm always afraid that it will
> topple to the other side.  As a result I rarely use the center stand

I haven't put one on the centre stand (currently unemployed so I can't
get that Sprint RS Turbo just yet...), but certain things are common
to all bikes for getting them onto the centre stand.

What you need to do is bring the centre stand down with the bike
leaning slightly towards you until it touches the floor, then keeping
a downward pressure on the stand, bring it upright. You will feel the
other side of the centre stand touch the ground. This is the point
from which you do the lift and pull - both legs of the centre stand
will stay on the ground all through the lift.

- --
Mike Fleming