RE: potential ST Buyer

At 04:42 PM 09/10/1999 -0700, Stuart Mumford wrote:
 >Hey now, let's not victimize the guy for his opinion. You can't argue taste.
 >I think Mr. Sampson is just looking for a well informed Sprint owner to talk
 >him into doing the right thing and buying one. I don't think the guy was
 >trashing the bike, he was just relating what his misinformed dealer

Well, normally I would agree - if the person had been a recent subscriber
to the list (especially seeing as you can't search the archives ....).
However David has been on the list since MARCH 14th .....

That means that he has seen review after review after review from ST riders
to the list of the joys of owning the motorcycle. He has seen the posts
from people that can't sleep at night while waiting for their ST's to
arrive. He has access to over 15 published articles that sing the praises
of this Triumph offering.

and he has seen of course all the responses to his original email.

David, if Stuart is correct in his assessment, and you just need a push
from a "well informed Sprint owner", here goes.....

Run, don't walk, to your nearest dealer. Grab a salesperson by the neck
(not too tight - just want to get his attention) and demand to take
delivery of a shiny new ST. Then strap on your helmet, remove the cheek
pads (so you have enough room for your smile) and ride.......

If you are not completely satisfied and enthused with your purchase, please
then feel free to publicly berate me on the list (smiling as I write this
as I know that will never happen....)

All kidding aside, if you still have concerns or have worries on some
aspect of ST ownership, please feel free to contact me - either on or off list.

 >Stuart Mumford <-- I may not agree with your opinion, but I will defend your
 >right to express it to the last drop of Eric's blood.

Thanks ...... I think .......

- - Eric