Boxes!!!

Finally got my 3 box luggage system this week - I ordered it with the bike
in mid-May, but I think the dealers lost the order.  (Is 4 months a record?)

Someone on the list asked about a fold-out handle for getting the ST onto a
centrestand.  The fold-out handle is fitted when you get the 2 or 3 box
luggage.  Before that, I used the top rack to lift the bike onto the
centrestand, but only because I'd never realised that the silver-coloured
bar next to the seat lock is a lifting handle!

The top box is huge - big enough for two full face helmets.  The Ballast (my
wife Michelle) thinks it's great as she can now lean back when she falls
asleep, instead of head-butting my back.  I'm just working out how to tie
her on to the box with bungee cords, to stop her sliding off sideways ;-)

Question for anyone else with the top box; was yours supplied with the
padded back rest fitted?  The Triumph catalogue shows the 3 Box system
including the back rest, but my dealer tells me it has to be ordered
separately.  Bit of a swindle, I thought...

I also had the Triumph sport exhaust & tune fitted.  No idea what it does to
the dyno, but it sounds fantastic, the bike definitely feels quicker in the
mid-range revs and the width of my grin has doubled :-)))

It's Saturday morning and I'm at work - time to go home and take the bike
out for a play, I think!

Neil
Black 99 ST, now with enough luggage space to pretend I'm a caravan