Re: Centerstand

- --=====================_48132981==_.ALT

At 10:31 AM 9/11/99 -0700, Gary Slabaugh wrote:

>What I was attempting to say on a previous post is that not knowing how
>to use the ST's center stand is probably an age thing rather than a
>nationality thing.  I am assuming that if one does not realize how easy
>the ST's center stand is to operate, one has probably started riding in
>the last 5-10 years or in the time since nearly all of the bike
>manufacturers began leaving the things off in a mostly cost cutting
>move.  You can't fault someone for not knowing how to get the bike on
>the stand if one has never had a bike with one attached before
>purchasing an ST and I'll wager there are more than one person that
>fits that category on this list.

And some bike used to ba a lot harder to get on the cs.  The Norton was a bear.

>I don't need any lessons but feel free to come visit anytime here in
>Tucson, Arizona.  (300+ days of sunshine per year)

No thanks.  My sister lives in Tucson.  ;-)

Rich Weyand      |  _______   ___,---. ---+_______:_   |Rich Weyand
Weyand Associates| |_N_&_W_| |_N_&_W_| |__|________|_  |TracTronics
Comm Consultants |  ooo ooo ~ ooo ooo ~ oOOOO- OOOO=o\ |Model RR Electronics
weyand@xxxxxxx   |     http://www.mcs.net/~weyand/     |weyand@xxxxxxx
- --=====================_48132981==_.ALT

At 10:31 AM 9/11/99 -0700, Gary Slabaugh wrote:<br>
post is that not knowing how<br>
to use the ST's center stand is probably an age thing rather than a
nationality thing.&nbsp; I am assuming that if one does not realize how
easy<br>
the ST's center stand is to operate, one has probably started riding
in<br>
the last 5-10 years or in the time since nearly all of the bike<br>
manufacturers began leaving the things off in a mostly cost cutting
move.&nbsp; You can't fault someone for not knowing how to get the bike
on<br>
the stand if one has never had a bike with one attached before <br>
purchasing an ST and I'll wager there are more than one person that
fits that category on this list.</blockquote><br>
And some bike used to ba a lot harder to get on the cs.&nbsp; The Norton
was a bear.<br>
visit anytime here in<br>
Tucson, Arizona.&nbsp; (300+ days of sunshine per
year)</blockquote><br>
No thanks.&nbsp; My sister lives in Tucson.&nbsp; ;-)<br>
_______&nbsp;&nbsp; ___,---. ---+_______:_&nbsp;&nbsp; |Rich
Weyand</div>
|TracTronics</div>
RR Electronics</div>