Re: Heated grip wiring...help!

Stephen,

Since it doesn't look like you got a response here goes.

Sorry for the delay - my bike was getting the 6k service done.

At 06:52 AM 09/10/1999 -0700, Stephen E. Hale wrote:
 >I didn't look closely enough when taking off my left-side fairing and now
 >I'm not sure how to hook up the heated grips to the high-off-low switch.

another benefit of mounting the switch in the cockpit ;-) .......

 >My first attempt caused the fuse to blow.  My second attempt is giving me
 >high heat in the low position and no low heat at all.
 >Can someone please email me the order of wires on the switch so I can hook
 >up my heated grips correctly?  It's getting cold in the morning here in
 >Portland.

I checked in the instructions and there is no mention of the colors of the
wires going into the switch. I then moved out to the bike, but found that I
couldn't see the wires unless I removed the fairing. I was about to post
that you were out of luck until I remembered buying one of those little
parts mirrors with the movable arms - nothing beats a stocked garage....
Anyway it still is a tough view because of the confined space, but here
goes (note the shades of colours may be off as it was hard to get the light
in there at the same time.)

 From the run end of the switch (the end without the little white symbol)
it appears to be
Run end - Dark Brown (maybe black)
Middle - Green (maybe blue)
Start end - Salmon - light pink - off white

Hope that helps - please let me know the correct colors so that I can add
the wiring order to the FAQ page.

Thanks

- - Eric