Re: Just sold my K bike thinking of buying new sprint

A copy of my response to Dave's message, originally posted on the Hinckley
Digest. He is especially looking for comments from people that put on
500-700 mile days, so if any of you have some thoughts, please send them along.

- - Eric

 >From: David Tomlinson <belle@xxxxxxxxxxx>
 >
 >I was on this list a few years ago.  I was asking questions about the
 >Trophy.  Instead of buying a Trophy I bought another beemer, a K1100LT.
 >I just sold that bike back to the dealer.

Welcome back.

 >put me  on a Buell which made me giggle and then put me on a new Sprint,
 >which made grin the whole time.

The ST has been know to have that effect on people. Many owners have been
forced to install smaller cheek pads because of the continual ear to ear grins.

 >I would have to have a taller windscreen.  Does anyone make a taller
 >windscreen for the new Sprint?

Triumph makes a taller screen that is available in clear and lightly
smoked. Lilleys in the UK has some new screen also (although I don't know
if they have made it through the first production run yet). MRA also is
supposed to have them, but I have not seen any pictures yet.

 > Also, I'd like anyone who owns a new
 >Sprint to tell me their likes and dislikes about their bike and how much
 >a tour.

Likes:
Great design, lots of torque, and plenty of speed. Just as comfortable
cruising the local back roads as it is in the twisties.... as a recent new
owner poetically said, "wow, Wow!, WOW!!!!"

 >I usually ride 500-700 miles a day w/ a few over 1,000 miles in
 >a day when I'm out touring.  Does anyone do this kind of riding on a

One of the listers on the ST list (at http://www.TriumphNet.com/st) just
got back from a 2 week vacation of the US along with his wife. He completed
just under 7,000 miles in two weeks, riding two up.

Myself and another rider here (from florida) just got back from the ST
Rallye (http://www.TriumphNet.com/st/rally/rally99/index.htm) , which put
about 3,500 miles on our bikes in 5 days.....

 >What options do you have or recommend?

I have the top rack, seat cowl, 3 pannier hard luggage, tank bag, taller
screen, gen mar risers, throttlemeister, sigma computer, and heated grips.

HTH

- - Eric