seat cowl

- ------=_NextPart_000_0024_01BEFD74.E05A4AC0

G'day
I modified my seat cowl the other day.Now I can keep my grab handle on =
and it looks pretty good.Using a small drill (with the leading cutting =
edges just licked on the grinder so it wouldn't grab on the plastic), I =
timidly drilled a series of holes from the inside, following the curve =
of the two plastic clips that lock into the grooves of the seat. After =
my third bourbon to calm my nerves I cut the drilled pieces off with a =
hacksaw and dressed the rough area with a halfround file. With two =
plastic, panel trim clips (available from any car accessories shop for =
only a few cents)  through the screw holes and speed nuts to hold them =
in place,I no longer need any tools to remove or replace the cowl. Don't =
tell my wife and kids if they know it's that easy to take off I'll never =
ride solo.
regards Peter
2000 Sprint (red)=20

- ------=_NextPart_000_0024_01BEFD74.E05A4AC0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>G'day</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I modified my seat cowl the other day.Now I can keep =
my grab=20
handle on and it looks pretty good.Using a small drill (with the=20
leading&nbsp;cutting edges just licked on the grinder so it wouldn't =
grab on the=20
plastic), I timidly drilled a series of holes from the inside, following =
the=20
curve of the two plastic clips that lock into the grooves of the seat. =
After my=20
third bourbon to calm my nerves I cut the drilled pieces off with a =
hacksaw and=20
dressed the rough area with a halfround file. With two plastic, panel =
trim clips=20
(available from any car accessories shop for only a few cents)  through =
the=20
screw holes and speed nuts to hold them in place,I no longer need any =
tools to=20
remove or replace the cowl. Don't tell my wife and kids if they know =
it's that=20
easy to take off I'll never ride solo.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>regards Peter</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>2000&nbsp;Sprint =
(red)</FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_0024_01BEFD74.E05A4AC0--