Re: new owner

At 09:18 PM 09/12/1999 +1000, Peter Shutes wrote:
 >I live on the mid north coast of N.S.W. Australia and I cashed my in Harley
 >for a 2000 St (red) last Tuesday 7/9/1999. I'm pretty excited this is the
 >first bike I've had in 3 years that goes in a straight line and doesn't feel
 >like it wants to throw you off at any speed over 120km per hour.

Well, you made a good choice in both the bike and the colour (the red being
the fastest colour that Triumph offers...)

 >I have a couple of questions to you fellas.
 >1/ Is there any easy mod for making both headlights work at the same time?

Yes, jumper the open connectors on the back of the light.
 From Jonathan >You will need to order the set of two by-pass leads, which
consist of a
 >white plastic connector block and twin black shorting leads. These plug into
 >the respective connectors coming from each headlamp unit, under the left and
 >right sides of the upper fairing, just next to each headlamp unit (access
 >from the space between handlebars and the dash).  These cost about DM12,- (6
 >euros).

 >2/ What is it like to ride solo? I've only ridden it for 135k's and every
 >time I start it one of my kids magically appears on the back.

Lots of fun. Leg irons tied to the floor work well for slowing down the
extra passengers.....

 >3/ I ride with a mate who has a Ducati 900ss which is extremely loud and he
 >complains he can't hear my bike (you know what they're like). So which
 >muffler to use ?

The performance pipe definitely has more sound, although still not to the
level of your mate. I think you will start to see some after market
additions this year as well.

Again, welcome aboard.

- - Eric