Re: New ST Owner

At 03:13 PM 09/12/1999 -0400, Erik Miner wrote:
 >Greetings fellow (almost)  ST'ers I'm supposed to pick up my black 2000 in a
 >week or so, sooner if the dealer can get it. I've had a couple of BMW's an

Congratulations ! (a week early)

 >change. Can anyone suggest anything that I should consider doing right off
 >the bat to make the bike better??

Well, you have a pretty good list, but I would add the throttlemeister
throttle lock.

 >pretty weak, any suggestions there.. what fits etc? Also wondering how the
 >stock head light is. I was planning on fitting a couple of PIAA 55/60 Super
 >white bulbs.

pretty good (55/60s) but the super whites would be even better. A couple of
people have complained that the lights come angled down too far from the
factory. Mine were fine.

 >I'll prolly also add some type of flashing led brake lights.
 >I've had the Hyper Lights on all my other bikes and I really like the added
 >attention these add.

I'm considering something myself, but haven't made up my mind. Let me know
what you end up with.

 >Will also most likely do a seat of some sort Corbin or
 >a Sargent.  Like the Corbin for comfort and looks don't like em' for
 >service.

or for price/ value. It seems that their quality has gone down the more
years they are in business (or the bigger they get).

- - Eric