Re: Thanks and Brakes

Thanks to all who sent condolences about my crash...  I'll keep you all
posted on the bike's progress.  :-)

I heard somewhere that the Sprint ST used the same brakes as the Daytona save
the Daytona uses softer brake pads for more initial grab, but less wear.
Anybody else hear this?  The Daytona has exposed braided lines whil th ST are
coated though.
Also, seems to me a lot of ST owners are replacing pads after only 6-8000
miles; my VFR went 15,000 and didn't need pads.  My buddy has 29,000 miles on
his VFR on original pads.  How come ST pads are wearing so fast?  The ST's
brakes in general are great, albit a bit mushy.  Lisa White put SBS pads on
her bike and they seem to firm up the lever a bit.

Rick Paukert