Throttlemeister

Hi all,
I decided to purchase the Throttlemeister cruise control shown on the ST
web site.  After finding their address to be in Milwaukee, WI. I decided
to take a ride there to purchase one.  The shop is actually a small
machine shop that makes the Throttlemeister as a side business when
business is slow for their regular work.  I met the designer of the
Throttlemeister who said the only reason they started making them is
because the owner was tired of the cheap plastic cruise controls he had
purchased for his bike and wanted something better.  The entire shop
employs maybe ten people and the cruise controls are totally handmade
one at a time.  I was allowed to pick mine from a small rack of maybe 25
pairs in order to get the best match.  This was their entire stock for
the day!  I chose a pair that had just been finished as they were still
warm to the touch.  Their entire shipping area consists of a small table
with some unfolded cardboard boxes, a stack of instruction sheets, a
rack of the different attachment adapters for different bikes, a roll of
packing wrap and some tape.  As orders are received the person taking
the call goes out into the shop, wraps up the ordered parts, and
addresses the box.  This is such a small business it's hard to believe!
The nice thing is that the Throttlemeisters are really carefully
precision made by real people who really care about quality.  It's so
refreshing to see people take pride in their product.  They will even
install the cruise control onto your bike for free if you ride to their
shop.  Just to show how nice these people are I offered to pay for the
Throttlemeister right away, but they insisted on billing me by invoice
so I left with my cruise control without even paying for it.  They are
so trusting as I could have given them a totally false name and address
for the bill because they never checked it out.  I'll quit for now, but
I just couldn't help sharing this experience with you.

Dan
Racine, WI