Re: heat

Heat is not a real big problem unless you ride in shorts on a hot summer day.  It can become uncomfortable though.  I have found myself spreading my knees out to cool down on hot days.  I have removed my lower fairings for the time being (probably for the rest of our Houston summer, which will be about December).  The bike does not look bad in this configuration.  This makes the bike considerably cooler to ride on, as the exhaust / engine heat does not soak into the frame rails near as much and "cook" my legs.  Some may see this as a bad thing, but I kind of like the adaptability of the bike, meaning that when I put the lowers back on, the heat in the frame rails will be much appreciated when the ambient temperature drops.

>>> Walter Oliver <wso@xxxxxxxx> 09/16 8:21 AM >>>
I'm still considering my purchase of an ST.  Is this heat problem
common?
How severe is it?  How about you riders in the Northeast (New Jersey and
points north), does this bother you, or is it noticeable only in the
warmer parts of the country?

While it was very nice of Mr. Smart to reply, he didn't acknowledge the
issue or mention that a fix was in the works.