RE: Headlights, fork pro, cable and chain lube

Chain lube:
NOOOOO not the dreaded WD-40 thread again.
This is a question for those of you that do not use WD-40. What do YOU
use for chain lube. Please note that I did not ask for the best chain
lube to use I merely want to know what others are using. And please
don't mention Scottoilers either I already have an opinion on them and I
don't want to start another war.

Steve Lawler

I felt so guilty about this issue (I always used WD-40) that prior to the
rallye, I went to a chain wax (Honda and Maxima) same product in my opinion
except the Honda product comes in a smaller cheaper can. Chain got very
dirty (to be expected going up Pikes Peak maybe) and held the dirt. When I
got the bike serviced (12,000 mile) in AR, the mechanic (who seemed pretty
good) told me he had used, guess what, WD-40! He uses it religiously and
says it works good. Well....I am now trying a Mobil 1 lubricant that I found
at Auto Zone since I read somewhere that Triumph uses a Mobil 1 product
outside of the USA. I cleaned the chain up good using this product and have
gotten rid of most of the dirt but there still seems to be a bit around the
o-rings (just where I don't want it right) but all of the o-rings still seem
to be intact. More grist for the continuing, continuing. My opinion, use
what you like and don't pay any attention to all of these opinions.

Paul & Dee