RE: Patrick's comments

- -----Original Message-----
From: sooty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:sooty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, September 17, 1999 10:54 AM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Patrick's comments

Martin,

>	I did not expect an answer to this one from the factory but I have
>to give you a little flaming.

I'm wearing my flame retardant underwear so dont' worry about it. Herself
insists I wear it under the chastity belt.

>	I do not take offense from your comments because they are
>uneducated.

I'll not get into a flame war about who is the mosy highly educated.

			meant toward experience.

>	I do not believe you understand the amount of effort it takes to
>produce a good integrated system in mass production.

err yes I do , having been associated with the truck building industry and
the QA side of it for the last 20 yrs .

	I too have worked QA and production both not the same or similar for
what I do.

>	You are right about the amount of finesse that is employed to
>satisfy a customer.  This is most employed when dealing with an unrealistic
>customer.

And we in the truck industry have our fair share of them.

				    AMEN!

Thankfully I have never had a problem with Triumph , maybe cos I'm not quite
as anally retentive as some customers.

I might add that in the truck industry.... our spares situation is such that
if a customer orders a part before 3.30pm he is gaurranteed delivery of that
part by lunchtime next day in the UK and 48 hrs anywhere else in the world.
If we fail to supply within the alotted time, we GIVE the part to the
customer... nows THATS a decent parts back up.. a practice that certains
bike manufactuers should take note of. Do you know any biker who is waiting
for parts ?  Take a look at all the bike mail lists including the Triumph
lists.

			Would be nice huh?  I am still waiting...

>	Ross shouldn't feel like he needs to defend anybody on this list.

He wouldn't have needed to had he taken it tongue in cheek as was intended
as denoted by the :) .

		I missed them as well.

>This stuff creates a adversarial feel and it cause otherwise good comments
>to fall on deaf ears.

It does sometimes get hot in the kitchen ya know :)

> I too am guilty of this on at least one occasion so
>far but if you read what I write it wasn't unmeasured or unrealistic.

I don't recall what it was so can't comment.

		Just remember class action lawsuit.

>FLAME _ FLAME

Is someone on fire ? :)

		Just the flame thrower I was using on you at the time.  :-)

Can we now get back to the important pannier, WD40 debate ? :)

Regards

Patrick

No.