Re: Headlights, fork pro, cable and chain lube

In a message dated 9/16/99 2:16:33 AM, slawler@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< What do YOU
use for chain lube. Please note that I did not ask for the best chain>>

Any kind of modern chain LUBE (not wax) PJ-1, Maxima, etc. Wax doesn'y get on
the rear wheel so much, but it also doesn't lubricate as well, according to
the experts at Rocket Motorcycles in San Diego. I have also heard of wax
building up inside the case around the front sprocket. Lube gets on the rear
wheel, true, but the 3-spoked wheels on the sprint ST and other modern bikes
are easy to clean, compared to wire wheels, and, best of all, wheel-cleaning
is a great excuse to use that WD-40 that has no place on your chain!