Potential Triumph Owner

I am in the process of looking for a new bike. I rode different models (Honda,
Kawasaki, Suzuki) for about 13 years, but had to sell the last one when I got
married. Well now it is time to get my next bike and I am trying to decide what
to buy. Primarily I will be using the bike for commuting (30 miles each way),
weekend trips through the Texas hill country, and some two-up riding with my
wife on those rare occasions when I can get her on the back. I am in my mid
forties now so I am looking for a bike that is comfortable to ride, but also has
a big fun factor. I also don't want to get tired of riding it after a few
months, I want a keeper. I have to admit that I like the look of unfaired bikes
(some, not all). I definitely do not want a full dresser. A Sport tourer is
probably right for me. There are many, many bikes to choose from, but I don't
want what the masses are riding. So in my hunting around I recently discovered
the new Triumphs and was very impressed. I really like the look of the Sprint ST
and what I have read about it. I also like that word "Triumph" written on the
tank. If I were to buy a sport tourer it would be between a Sprint ST and a BMW
R1100RS. Can anyone comment on how the 2 bikes compare and give advice on which
one would be more suitable than the other. Also, I have to admit that I really
like the look of the Speed Triple, but I don't know how it would fare for my
uses. Does it ride a lot different than the Sprint? Any comments.
Don