From: Don Harville [mailto:rmtt80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, September 20, 1999 12:36 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Potential Triumph Owner

I am in the process of looking for a new bike. I rode different models
(Honda,
Kawasaki, Suzuki) for about 13 years, but had to sell the last one when I
got
married. Well now it is time to get my next bike and I am trying to decide
what
to buy. Primarily I will be using the bike for commuting (30 miles each
way),
weekend trips through the Texas hill country, and some two-up riding with my
wife on those rare occasions when I can get her on the back. I am in my mid
forties now so I am looking for a bike that is comfortable to ride, but also
has
a big fun factor. I also don't want to get tired of riding it after a few
months, I want a keeper. I have to admit that I like the look of unfaired
bikes
(some, not all). I definitely do not want a full dresser. A Sport tourer is
probably right for me. There are many, many bikes to choose from, but I
don't
want what the masses are riding. So in my hunting around I recently
discovered
the new Triumphs and was very impressed. I really like the look of the
Sprint ST
and what I have read about it. I also like that word "Triumph" written on
the
tank. If I were to buy a sport tourer it would be between a Sprint ST and a
BMW
R1100RS. Can anyone comment on how the 2 bikes compare and give advice on
which
one would be more suitable than the other. Also, I have to admit that I
really
like the look of the Speed Triple, but I don't know how it would fare for my
uses. Does it ride a lot different than the Sprint? Any comments.
Don