Re: st-digest V1999 #229

"Danilowicz, Paul S." wrote:

> Gee,  great milage !     My last tank was only 52.0213 mpg.    But then there was that misquito that hit my helmet. Uses up a lot of gas pushing thru those guys.
>
> > ----------
> >  throughout the trip. Stopped at every historical marker on the route.
> >  Turned in 222.6 miles with 4.279 gallons of high test to average 52.0215
> >  MPG. Not a bad day at all. >>

This makes me wonder if something is up with the bike, break-in or with riding style? Currently at 1300 the best I have seen is 42 mpg. I wonder if it will improve
over time? Typical riding is tight New England back roads punctuated by occasional commutes on the Interstate.

By the way. I got my bags on a couple of weeks back. It is great having storage! They are large enough that I can lock my helmet in them. The down side is the cover
I had purchased that had fit so well turns out to be too small when the bags are on the bike.

The vibration that would come on in the 4-6k RPM range when off throttle in 5th and 6th may have been partially due to chain tension. Either too loose or too tight
seems to make the situation worse. The bike is very picky about tension. It is still noticeable but still a bit there. I thank the guys over at Riverside for taking
the time on a Saturday to sort it out. At the Al noticed a bit of surging at the 3k point so also tweaked the tune to help smooth it out. (mileage has not really
changed at all pre to post tune)

- --
                                                    _
Neil Halbert                  _/_/_/ _/   _/  _/_/ '_) EMC Corporation
email: halbert@xxxxxxx       _/--/  _/ -'_/ _/     /__ 171 South Street
voice: (508) 435-1000 x1232 _/_/_/ _/   _/  _/_/       Hopkinton, MA 01748